Monday, March 28, 2011

Don't give up on the goal!

Hello workout friends!

By now you know there are countless choices when it comes to working out. Matt Reece is using a program you've no doubt heard of - and letting us keep tabs on his progress. A lot of things were going through his head when he started Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping last January. “Number one, how could my wife have gotten me into this!” he says with a laugh. Matt’s wife got him the ten week session as a gift. "It was a struggle the first few weeks,” he says, “but it's getting better and I'm keeping up!"

And it turns out; it's giving him a new life. "After going and getting a workout - I feel like a million bucks!” At the halfway point, Matt was down fifteen and a half pounds. “I lost three inches off my chest, four inches off my waist and two off my hips,” he says with pride, “and I could tell because my jeans started fitting better!” And there’s more proof he’s improving his fitness level. He doubled the number of pushups and situps he could do and took two minutes off his mile.

We visited Matt at the Farrell’s in Waukee this week. He’s down more than twenty five pounds and thirteen inches overall. "As it turns out, it's been amazing,” he says, “it's hard and I can't say it gets easier but I know I'm getting in better shape and as you get in better shape they push you harder.” Matt’s goal was to lose one hundred pounds and he says he’s not stopping until he reaches it. "I encourage anybody to try it. You know, this isn't something i would not have gone out and tried myself but I’m glad i did, I’m glad my wife did this for me ... it's a really cool thing.”

Matt says his workouts are just part of his success. The Farrell’s program is also teaching him a lot about food – not only what to eat and what not to eat, but how much to consume. He says it’s been tough to change some bad habits, but fueling his body in a healthy way has him feeling great.

To learn more about Farrell’s check out www.extremebodyshaping.com.

Have a healthy week!
EEK
Erin.Kiernan@whotv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment